Virtual Open Evening 2020
Please return to this page to access the full set of resources.
WHAT CAN YOU DO NOW TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THE PINGLE SIXTH FORM?
Please do explore our website which provides a wealth of information that will help you to find out more about our fantastic academy and Sixth Form. You may also wish to:
- Listen to presentations in the hall with Mrs Sharples, Principal and Ms Wilson, Head of Sixth Form at 6.00pm on the 22 October.
- Submit your questions via our google form which enables you to register for the evening. These will be answered on the Zoom meeting with Mrs Sharples, Ms Wilson and Mrs Goodwin, Assistant Head of Sixth Form. You will be sent the links and specific timings when you complete the google form.
- Find out about our support for students with SEND (ADD LINK TO BOOKLET)
- Download a copy of our Sixth Form Prospectus and Curriculum booklet (ADD LINKS)
- Read about our vision and priorities here.
- Read about the control measures that we have put in place to restrict the transmission of the coronavirus in the academy.
- Find out about life in the Sixth Form from our students by watching the videos below.
- View our Heads of Faculty introductions to their subjects.
- Take the virtual tour here.
HOW CAN I ACCESS THE VIRTUAL OPEN EVENING?
By visiting this page on the 22 October 2020 at 6:00pm.
There will be an opportunity to send in any questions you have. The Principal, Head of Sixth Form and Assistant Head of Sixth Form will answer these on the live Zoom. Codes will be sent out to parents and carers once they have registered for the evening
HOW WILL THE VIRTUAL OPEN EVENING WORK?
The Virtual Open Evening will take place on Thursday 22 October 2020 starting at 6:00 pm. Zoom question and answer sessions will follow from 6:30pm onwards,
Please see the menus below to listen to Mrs Sharples, Ms Wilson, our Sixth Form students & our subject teachers. You will be able to view these on catch up after the event on this page.
MY SON/DAUGHTER HAS A SPECIAL EDUCATIONAL NEED OR DISABILITY. IT IS IMPORTANT THAT I GET THE OPPORTUNITY TO SPEAK TO SOMEONE IN THE ACADEMY
Please phone the academy reception on 01283 216837 and ask to speak to Ms Slavin, SENDCo or Miss Lane, Assistant SENDCo, who will be happy to help you. Alternatively you may send an email to:
- Ms Slavin (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Miss Lane (email@example.com)
MESSAGE FROM MRS SHARPLES, PRINCIPAL
We are very sorry and disappointed that we are unable to invite you in to visit The Pingle Sixth Form this year. Choosing a place to study for Sixth Form education with your son/daughter is one of the most important decisions you will make as a parent/carer. In these difficult circumstances, we will do all that we can to provide you with the information that you need to help you make this choice.
We are looking forward to seeing you and your son/daughter, virtually, on 22 October from 6:00pm.
Head of Sixth Form
A day in the life - Year 12
A day in the life - Year 13
Some Quotes from our Students...
"Settling in was easy and quick as Sixth Form is a welcoming environment. I enjoy the freedom given to students."
"Everyone is enthusiastic. When I came from Granville I felt like I fitted straight in."
"When I first started Sixth Form I was really nervous as I had just moved from a different city, but I settled in straight away. I've found that the teachers here are fun, calm and willing to help."
"The teachers treat you like adults."
"We have had aspiration conversations and talks about growth mindset."
"I've settled into Sixth Form really well and I am enjoying my options. The teachers are very friendly and supportive with every student within Sixth Form."
"The lessons are really interesting and the teachers are very skilled."
"I can do subjects I enjoy in an interesting and in depth way."
"I like that we can study in a relaxed way using the study room with the help of Mr Smith."
"Pingle Sixth Form is a great place to be."
"All three of my subjects are extremely difficult, but the teachers are easy to speak to and give me as much support as I need."
"University applications are made a lot easier with help from teachers and their knowledge of university and other further academic courses. Teachers provide great support in and out of class."
"The teachers have a passion for teaching their subjects."
"Pingle also offers the EPQ course which is good for getting into a competitive university."
"Members of staff are very helpful, especially Mr Smith. He is there to help with homework and is the biggest help in writing personal statements. I also like the common room."
"Lessons are challenging, but rewarding. Teachers are available at all times."
The Pingle Academy - Student Q&A
Caterlink - Sixth Form Food Hatch
aRT & dESIGN
dRAMA / tHEATRE sTUDIES
hEALTH & sOCIAL cARE
mODERN fOREIGN lANGUAGES