Home Learning - Student Welfare
For concerns about the safety or well being of a child or young person during normal academy hours please contact:
- Mr Waller, Designated Safeguarding Lead, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mr Hurst, Head of Family Services, email: email@example.com
If you have concerns of an urgent nature regarding the safety or well being of a child or young person or need support outside of normal academy hours please contact:
- Derbyshire County Council - Safeguarding (Starting Point) on 01629 533190 Opt 1
If your family is supported by the Early Help Service or if you experience any family difficulties regarding finance or a lack of essentials please contact:
- Mr Hurst, Head of Family Services, email: firstname.lastname@example.org (07395 962890)
You can also contact your Family Support Worker as normal via email.
Other useful contacts:
0800 11 11
0808 800 500
0800 368 8061
0370 496 7622
Also here is a LINK to some YouTube clips about the importance of e-safety and engaging with your child during this difficult period.
BBC newsround advice & guidance for young people about coronavirus
Two Free Courses to Support You During the Coronavirus Pandemic
The two courses in the links below are designed to help students with their mental health and well being. They are provided by creative education for free and require a student to create a log in when they first join, using their academy email address.
- COVID19 – Staying Mentally Well – which walks you through simple steps you can take to try to look after your emotional wellbeing
- Simple Self-Soothe Strategies – which introduces you to five simple strategies for relaxation and self-soothing which can be used by adults or children.
DfE Free School Meals Voucher Service
- Please see the attached documents at the bottom of this page or follow this link to the Edenred Free School Meal Voucher Page
COVID-19 Home Learning Tips
- Please see the attachments below for tips on parenting through the COVID-19 pandemic