All Students: Years 7-11
- Straight knee length plain black skirt or plain smart / formal / tailored black school trousers
(no short stretchy skirts or skater skirts. No studded trousers, no button flies, no casual chinos, no black jeans / denim or corduroy material, no jeggings / leggings, no tight fitting trousers, no trousers that fit tight around the ankle, no linen trousers and no external shiny fashion zips on skirts or trousers).
- White formal cotton / polyester shirt with stiff, pointed collar and buttons up to the neck (no puffed sleeves). Polo shirts are not permitted.
- Plain black footwear (no boots, no stripes, ticks or logos). Smart shoes are preferred.
- An Academy tie.
- Black Academy blazer with embroidered logo.
- Black Academy v-neck jumper (opitional) with embroidered logo may be worn under a blazer. Black cardigans or plain jumpers are not acceptable.
- Socks must be plain black or plain white. No bare ankles.
- A black turban or head scarf may be worn for religious reasons.
Jewellery: a wristwatch and one plain ring may be worn. If a child has pierced ears, only one plain stud may be worn in each earlobe (no coloured stones). No other piercing is allowed. ALL jewellery (including earrings) must be removed for all PE lessons.
Make-up/Nails: no excessive make-up, no nail varnish, false or acrylic nails.
Apron: an apron for Technology lessons is provided by Technology Department.
Hairstyles: extreme cuts and colours are not permitted.
PE Kit: A towel is required for all PE lessons.
Red Pingle polo shirt with logo
Red Pingle outdoor top with logo
Black shorts /cycling shorts or plain black tracksuit bottoms
White socks (indoor use)
Red hockey / football socks
Trainers and /or football / rugby boots
One piece swimsuit /swimming shorts / trunks and swimming hat
Sixth Form: There is no uniform in Years 12 and 13, but extreme forms of dress are not permitted.
Parents and carers are free to shop around for basic items of uniform, but please ensure they fit the criteria above, e.g. formal shirts with stiff, pointed collars. Our uniform is now available from:
|Pupil Schoolwear||West Street,
Tel. 01283 224512
|Clothing 4 Schools||High Street,
Tel 01283 819232
NB: Please note that trainers/boots with blades or metal studs must not be worn on the artificial turf pitch because of increased risk of ankle and knee injury and damage to the playing surface.