Open Evening 2020
VIRTUAL OPEN EVENING 2020
The Virtual Open Evening for Year 6 Parents and Carers will take place on Thursday 1 October 2020, commencing at 6:30pm. Please find here a letter from Mrs Sharples and an invitation. Please return to this page to access the full set of resources.
WHAT CAN YOU DO NOW TO FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THE PINGLE ACADEMY?
Please do explore our website which provides a wealth of information that will help you to find out more about our fantastic academy. You may also wish to:
- Attend a Zoom presentation in the hall with Mrs Sharples, Principal at 6.30pm on the 1st October.
- Listen to Miss Sowter, Progress Leader for year 7, asking year 7 students questions submitted by year 6 students.
- Submit your questions our google forms, which you will receive via your child’s primary headteacher. These will be answered on the Zoom meeting with Mrs Sharples & Miss Sowter. Please see the letter from Mrs Sharples for specific timings and follow the links for each schools google form (Pennine Way & St Georges - Belmont & Newhall - Springfield & Woodville - Linton & Overseal)
- Find out about our support for students with SEND from our SENDCo Miss Slavin or Head of ERS, Mrs Harling from 6:15pm on Tuesday 6th October. Please email Mr Done on email@example.com for a Zoom code.
- Download a copy of our academy prospectus.
- Read about our vision and priorities here.
- Look at the year 6 into Year 7 transition page, which contains all of the information we shared with Year 6 students this summer as they prepared to start the academy in September, including a list of frequently asked questions.
- Find out about our school curriculum which sets out the knowledge and skills students will be taught in each year throughout their time at The Pingle Academy.
- Read about the control measures that we have put in place to restrict the transmission of the coronavirus in the academy.
- Listen to the Year 11 Head Prefects’ speeches
- View our Heads of Faculty introductions to their subjects.
- Take the virtual tour here.
HOW CAN I ACCESS THE VIRTUAL OPEN EVENING?
By visiting this page on the 1 October 2020 at 6:30pm.
There will be an opportunity to send in any questions you have. The Principal, Progress Leader and other staff will answer these on the live Zoom for your child's primary school. Codes will be sent out via Primary Heads.
HOW WILL THE VIRTUAL OPEN EVENING WORK?
The Virtual Open Evening will take place on Thursday 1 October 2020 starting at 6:30 pm.
Click on the link to listen to Mrs Sharples & our year 7 students. You will be able to view this on catch up after the event on this page.
MY CHILD HAS A SPECIAL EDUCATIONAL NEED OR DISABILITY. IT IS IMPORTANT THAT I GET THE OPPORTUNITY TO SPEAK TO SOMEONE IN THE ACADEMY?
Please phone the academy reception on 01283 216837 and ask to speak to either Mrs Harling, Head of the ERS, Ms Slavin, SENDCo or Miss Lane, Assistant SENDCo, who will be happy to help you. Alternatively you may send an email to:
- Mrs Harling (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Ms Slavin (email@example.com)
- Miss Lane (firstname.lastname@example.org)
There will also be a Zoom meeting on Tuesday 6th October at 6:15pm. Please e-mail Mr Done, Assistant Principal on email@example.com if you would like a code.
MESSAGE FROM MRS SHARPLES, PRINCIPAL
We are very sorry and disappointed that we are unable to invite you into the academy this year. Choosing a place to study for secondary education for your child is one of the most important decisions you will make as a parent/carer. In these difficult circumstances, we will do all that we can to provide you with the information that you need to help you make this choice.
We are looking forward to seeing you and your children, virtually, on the 1 October & 6th October, from 6:30pm.
Miss Sowter's Q&A with students
Our Head Prefects & Pingle in Action
Pingle in action 2019
Pingle in action 2020
ARC & Learning Support Base
Art & Technology
Modern Foreign Languages
Student & Parent Services