Home Learning Information (Year 7/8)
All students in year 7 and 8 have access to Gmail and MILK and throughout the period of home learning these will be used to communicate with students and set the required work.
If any student is having problems accessing their Gmail or MILK account then please click this link to request for the password to be reset.
Students are advised to follow their school timetable during this enforced period of home learning to ensure that the appropriate amount of time is allocated to each subject area to complete the work that has been set.
Which work should students complete?
- Students should check their Gmail and MILK messages on a daily basis for messages and tasks sent from their class teacher
- If work is sent via google classroom students are to complete the assignment and send it back to the teacher for marking and feedback.
- English, Mathematics and Science have provided a set of paper resources for most students to be completed as directed by their individual teachers.
- Online work in Mathematics and Science has been set via:
- Many subjects have set project based work for students in year 7 and 8. Click on any of the links below to access a project and work through the tasks. Students can create their own word or powerpoint document to present their findings, research and answers and return via e-mail
- Additionally students can identify the topic(s) they have been learning about this term by clicking on the curriculum maps shown below. You can search these topics using this bbc/bitesize link and working through the revise - video - test sections for the selected topic area.
- Finally …..“The more you read the more you will know. The more that you learn the places you will go!” - In short, you can never read too many books!
Mathematics (Nrich Tasks)
In the link above there are tasks taken from the Nrich website. The aims of these tasks are to promote problem solving skills and to enrich your mathematical experiences. Please note these are not compulsory. I have sent you these to complete if you want to do them. You can send answers to your maths teachers to check.